Monday, August 10, 2009

Spent the evening in L&D and the ER...

Yesterday was a day that I'd like to not repeat. I felt super sick all day long and then ended up with a trip to the hospital. I went with my MIL to get a pattern to make my Boppy cover (only trip out of the house, per doctor orders from Friday.) I bent over to pick something up and my heart starting going nuts. My BP was fine, but my heart rate was 190-200. So, we went home. I tried to relax, but my pulse just wouldn't calm down. DH took me home and I laid on the couch for a little over an hour. Still no luck. I called the dr and told him what was going on... that it had been happening for about 2 hours and I was worried. (I let it go so long b.c I have heart issues anyways. A racing heart isn't anything new, but it usually corrects itself after 15-20 mins or so....) He tells us to go to L&D... that this needs to be monitored. They get me all hooked up to the external monitors. My heart rate was 190-200! Her heart rate was ranging from 150-180 (depending on how high my heart was peaking.) After an hour and a half of monitoring, they sent me down to the ER. Everything is looking alright with her, but it was me they were worried about.

They did an EKG, took blood, etc in the ER. It turns out that the bottom part of my heart was beating in what we are calling "triple time." Normally, they would give patients medicine that stops their heart for a second to right itself. Well... that medicine would also stop her heart, so that was a NO GO! The nurses ended up putting ice packs on various receptor sites on my neck. They had me take a deep breath and bear down. After doing this 3 times, something magically happened and my pulse was under control. We were finally released about 2 hours after all that. They wanted to monitor me further to make sure my heart rate didn't shoot back up. We got home about 1:00am this morning.... blech.

Also, at our appt on Friday, my dr. said that we may just have a few more weeks until we meet our baby girl. He did an internal and a fetal Fibronectin test. I'm not dilated and the test came back negative. But... he said that he needs me to at least get through the next 10-12 days, then he'll let me have all these contrax I'm having already. So... basically, I need to at least make it to 34-35 weeks (I'm 33 weeks on Thursday.)

Needless to say, I had an...interesting... weekend. I'm not on bed rest, but I need to take it easy and try to stay pg. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment