Thursday, December 17, 2009

12 Weeks

Raya,

You are 12 weeks old today and hopefully nearing the end of the colic. We moved you into your nursery this past weekend. That seems to help you sleep a bit better/longer. The past few nights, once you finally get to sleep, you'll sleep for about 3 hours straight! I think we might have a light at the end of the tunnel!

The bad news: mama is drying up. That's right... at 12 weeks, we are having to wean to formula. This was not the plan. However, I can't feed you by myself anymore. My supply is running dry... and doing so much quicker than I ever expected. I was able to nurse you like normal all weekend long. Your feedings have started to stretch to 3-4 hours apart. Then, all of the sudden Sunday night, I never got engorged. Since then, I have been dwindling down to nothing. We had to try formula this morning... you were only able to nurse for about 5 mins. I'm sorry.

You don't like formula. I know, you have been spoiled by exclusively eating BM. We are working on "half and half" bottles during the day when you're with Grandma. You will eventually give up the screaming and take some bottle because you are starving. However, you did not want to do that this morning. I don't know what we're going to do.

You are so big now. You started to laugh last week. It's so cute to hear that little laugh. You love sleeping on your side... which isn't safe yet... since you can't fully roll over. You love your Sooth & Glow Seahorse. That has been a lifesaver the past 4-5 days. I wish I would have heard about it WEEKS ago!

I love you baby girl. Keep on growing! (I can't believe that you're still in the 90% for your height!!!)

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment