Tuesday, November 24, 2009

2 Months

Raya,

You will be 9 weeks on Thursday. Mama is officially back to work this week. It is hard not spending all of my time with you. I stare at your pictures on my desk. I watch the clock, counting how much longer until I get to pick you up from Grandma's. But, I do have to admit, that a small part of me enjoys the break from your colicky screams.

Your colic is really starting to take its toll on my (both physically and emotionally.) We are on week 6 of the screaming. I feel horrible that there is not much I can do to console you at night. We are using Mylicon, Gripe Water, and occassionally trying the Cocyntal. We rock you, walk with you, sing to you, talk to you, run the vaccuum, put you in your swing, etc. Nothing seemed to make you happy... until someone at work gave me a suggestion: blowdryer. Yes, last night I ran the blowdryer on "low" about 5' away from us. After about 30 seconds, you calmed down enough to give me a great feeding and then drift off to sleep. You even slept for about 2 hours! Needless to say, we are going to try this much earlier tonight to see if it helps again. I can't believe that I never thought of using the blowdryer for the "white noise."

We have your 2 month check-up next Monday. I can't wait to see how much you've grown! You are now cooing and smiling back at us. You recognize our voices and turn towards us when we are talking. You like to roll onto your side... and sometimes even manage to get roll back to your back. You love your playmats. We work on tummy time a lot. I love seeing you grow and develop!

I love you with all of my heart.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment