Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dear Monkey,

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how long it's been since I've written on here! I blame most of that on the fact that I can't remember a damn thing anymore. I'm 30 weeks now and the m/s is peering it's ugly little head again. :( No fun. I had hoped that, after 14 weeks of m/s, I was finished. Look who was wrong....

She is moving all.over.the.place now. Raya especially loves hanging out in my ribs. I've decided that all of my internal organs (including my cervix) have become my daughter's personal trampolines, punching bags, etc. DH sure gets a kick out of every move she makes. It's so sweet! Raya weighs 3lbs or so now and is about 17"-18" long! I can't believe that I'm finally getting so close to meeting my daughter. I have this feeling that I'll be seeing her a few weeks early. So, we'll see what happens!!!

We had an amazing shower this week! We had it at our house (then, no dragging around of the gifts...) as a BBQ. It was a lot of fun! Everyone commented on how "family-friendly" and unique it was. We grilled a TON of food, played corn hole, DH drank some beer with my family, etc. From our amazing family and friends, we received: our pack n play, travel system (car seat inspection is scheduled....), glider w/ ottoman, Medela breast pump, tons of clothes, burp cloths, blankets, the bumbo, etc. I feel like we are really ready now. There are still a few things we need to purchase, but I feel much more confident now. Let me tell ya... that's a great feeling!

How far along? 30 weeks, 3 days!
Total weight gain/loss: +24.6 lbs now... haha!! I think I officially weigh as much as DH now.
Maternity clothes? Every day...
Stretch marks? Not yet!
Sleep: Is it nap time yet??
Best moment this week: Our shower!!!!!!
Movement: TONS!!!!
Food cravings: Sweets... I'm sure that's not helping the whole +24lbs situation. But, still no "talk" from the dr.
Gender: GIRL like I thought the whole time!!!!
Labor Signs: Thank God, no!
Belly Button in or out? On the verge of becoming a complete outie.
What I miss: My back not hurting constantly
What I am looking forward to: Our last childbirth prep class on Tuesday and my upcoming breastfeeding class.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't take one single moment for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment