There has been a lot of debate with some of my pg friends about using her name before birth. My daughter's name is Raya Nicole. (Raya is pronounced like Ryan, but no "n.") I love her name. We picked out names with the first pregnancy that we never got to use. So, we've had her name picked out for over a year now. People are telling me that using her name before she is born is like giving her a personality. They think it is weird/wrong. Personally, I think it's nice to be able to call her by her name. The nickname Monkey will always stick around, but her name is beautiful.
It is a name that we heard years ago and fell in love with. So, when it came time to picking baby names, there was no question. Raya is Hebrew for "friend." I love it's meaning. Plus, it is a very unique name. We wanted names that are very special... not just a "run of the mill" name. DH's name is used all.the.time. So, we wanted to avoid that....
What do you think about using their name while still in utero?
I think it's fine. DH and I call the baby Ryder all the time, and our friends are starting to also. That's your baby, and she DOES have a personality already. You just don't know what it is yet! :-p I say, use her name!
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful name, btw.