Friday, August 6, 2010

The Weekend!

I'm super excited for the weekend.  Today is a half day!  Woo hoo!  That means that I get to spend my afternoon with DD & DH!  We are going to the mall to try to find some costume pieces for my solo.  Then, Saturday, my parents are coming up for the day.  We are going to the Children's Musuem.  Indy is known for it... who'd have thought?  Raya has never been there before, so I can't wait to see what she thinks!

Then, Sunday, I have rehearsal all day to choreograph my solo, the duet, & then run through one of the group numbers.

Oh, you might ask, "You're in a show?"  Yes.  I am.  You might also ask, "What kind of show... you are a lighting designer, after all...you don't get on stage?"

Ready for it?  I auditioned for, & made a burlesque show.  That's right.  I said it out loud.  I'm kind of worried of what people think when they find out that I'm in a burlesque show.  The new Catholic mom... in a burlesque show?

I know, right?  Well, DH was the one who really talked me into it.  I used to dance, I figure skated competitively for 8 years.  I have cheered, etc.  I love dancing.  I haven't danced for years & have been whining about it.  I've also been whining about the fact that I want to get into better shape.  Yes, I don't have any pregnancy weight left, but my tummy isn't the same.  I want to get a nice, flat, toned tummy back.  So... I auditioned & they loved me!

It's a friend's troupe & this is their first show.  It's hard to explain to people that burlesque is not stripping.  Yes, I may be taking some a lot clothes/stuff off in my solo, but I'm not getting naked.  It's not about that.  It's about being theatrical & showing off my femininity.  I'm so excited.  My solo is a super awesome 1930s vamp/fosse style.  Think:  pin stripes, corset, tommy gun, stockings, etc.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment