My poor baby. We had to "up" her Prilosec dosage again yesterday. We added 2ml/day & are splitting the dose into 2 parts: once in the morning & the second is right before dinner. It seemed like her medicine was just wearing off as the day progressed.
After puking a lot this weekend, not sleeping well (i.e. waking up screaming, only sleeping on me, etc.), I called into the pedi's office to the nurse's line on Monday morning. DD's Dr. said that we wouldn't need another weight check until her 1 year check-up, unless we needed to verify for her meds (which would just be a nurse's appt.). Well, the Dr. sure did want to see Munchkin yesterday. I told her about all of the vomitting (exorcist-style, none-the-less), fevers, pulling in, screaming, not sleeping, etc. So, we are hoping this is another temporary fix.
Yes, DD did sleep well last night. In fact, she calmly went to bed about 8:00pm & slept until about 7:50am. Uh-mazing! But, the part that stinks is that it's still only a temporary fix. In another month/ month & a half, we will probably need to "up" the dosage yet again. Once she gains enough weight, the medicine just doesn't work anymore.
The frustrating part with this temporary fix is that we don't have an end in sight. Most babies on reflux meds don't need to keep "upping" the dosage. They start to stay on the same dosage & grow out of it once they are crawling/walking. Well, my kiddo is almost 11 months. The ONLY time she lays down is to sleep. So, why is her reflux still so bad? I wish I could make her feel better.
Isn't that what Mamas are supposed to do? We are supposed to make everything "right." I guess I just have to sit back & wait for this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment