Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Kid Can Speak Now?!

Raya finally said her first word this weekend & of course it was "Dada."  To DH's amazement.  She was in her jumper Sunday morning while I was fixing breakfast.  Cinnamon rolls and bacon... yum.  All of the sudden, she said it.  Kyle whipped around and yelled to me in the kitchen.  For a few weeks, it has sounded like she's been saying "dada."  But, we always turned to each other said, was that it?  It sounded like a word, but I'm not sure. 

There was no denying it this time, though!  Also, she made her second "scootch."  She has gotten up to her hands and knees rocking a bit now.  But, she has attempted to lunge forward and move twice now.  I think I'm excited.

Next weekend is our big trip to Chicago.  In theory, I will be meeting my SIL and niece for the 1st time.  My niece is 14 months old.  Long story there.  But, as long as the Marines give my brother & SIL their leave, our plans will be fun!  We are driving to the northwest suburbs of Chi-Town to visit our family.  It is a "celebration" of the marriage between my brother and his baby-mama.  Again, long story but it looks like they actually have a loving little family now.  So, it will be an interesting weekend!

We are having a reception... of sorts.  Huge dinner party with both sides of our family.  Let's hope Raya deals.  She is VERY strict about her bedtime.  8:00pm rolls around and the jammies go on, bottle is made, and we are in the rocking chair by 8:15-8:20.  This party doesn't start until 7:00 (which is 8:00 our time.)  I'm terrified to think about the screaming that may ensue when she is not in her crib for bed at any decent hour.  Say a prayer for us?!

No comments:

Post a Comment