Monday, March 22, 2010

Screw you, reflux! Hello, teething.

So, I know that I haven't been able to update on here lately.  We have been going through a lot.  Here's the story:

At 2 months, our pedi diagnosed Raya with "colic."  Dr. Lady said that she would grow out of in by 3-4 months.  The dr. said Raya would eventually stop screaming her guts out for hours in the evening/night, quit screaming during the night, and hell... even sleep at night. 

At around 4 months, we thought things were getting better.  There was like a week where she STTN and it was pure BLISS.  Then, she slowly started going back downhill to the screaming.  & by screaming, I'm talking about blood red face, tears pouring out of her eyes, back arched, I HATE YOU, screaming.  So, I took her back to the pedi.  If it was "colic," she should have grown through this by now.

Raya was diagnosed with really bad acid reflux & we were prescribed Zantac.  Luckily, we are in the group of babies that responds to Zantac!

So, we had 7 days of peace.  Then, Raya started teething on Friday.  Joy.  All I can say is GOD BLESS HYLAND'S TEETHING TABLETS!!!!  Plus, she learned how to scoot around on her back this weekend.  We had a big weekend. 

When are we ever going to get a break?!

No comments:

Post a Comment