Really? My kid is 6 months old already?
I can't believe how much our life has changed... for the good & the bad. Our poor babe had such a rough start to life. The dr. kept saying, "oh, it's colic." Too bad we didn't figure out it is acid reflux until she was 5 1/2 months old! If only my poor child didn't scream her bloody guts out for 5 months straight. I'm so thankful for the fact that she will NEVER be able to remember any of this.
I am also thankful for the fact that life is becoming "normal" now. I know nothing is "normal," but I like what is happening now. My daughter doesn't scream hours, upon hours, at night. She doesn't wake up screaming in the middle of the night, only to want to go back to bed... but she's so miserable that she can't. (Well, she does wake up crying a little now, but that's just because of the teething.)
I love everything that Raya has taught me about myself and everything she has taught me about herself. I feel I am a much stronger person now, having endured all of this. My patience has risen to a whole new level. I would do anything for my kid. Anything. You name it, I've probably done it already. I'm so glad that she is finally the happy baby that she's wanted to be. She is not in pain anymore. (Again, teething is the current exception.)
I love being a mother. I love being able to share my daughter's love with the world. What has changed, you might ask? I guess the 'ole saying is true: you never know true love until you have a child.
You are growing & developing by leaps and bounds. Every day, you figure out how to do something new. Whether it's blowing raspberries at me, or scooting around, you love life. I'm so happy for this fact. I never thought the day would come that you would be so happy/not in pain. I never want to see these days go.
Raya, I love you with all of my heart. Here's to the rest of our lives.
Love,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment