Tomorrow my daughter turns 1. (Breathe, breathe.) I've never been so excited for a birthday before... which is saying A LOT. I get so excited for my own birthdays, but those haven't even come close to this. Today is the last day that she is a "baby." My daughter will become a toddler. She isn't so little anymore.
I am taking the day off of work tomorrow to spend it with her. It just so happens that tomorrow is also Equity's day off for Holes, so Daddy will be home, too! Since it is supposed to rain, I think we will be heading to the Children's Museum. Indy's CM is amazing! We've been there once before & she loved it!
But, am I ready for her to turn 1? Even though I am so excited, I think I want to cry. So much has happened in our first year together. We have all been through a lot. I'm so proud of everything we have overcome. Raya is almost walking by herself. She says "mama," "dada," "hi," "baa" (for "ball"), "daaa" (for "dog"), "bubba," "papa," etc. She can give you a high five. She will give you sloppy kisses. She loves to eat. She squeals in pure excitement at the dog & cat. She laughs... a lot.... from her belly to her toes. She loves books. She loves to play hide & seek. She sleeps so well & puts herself to sleep... finally. She lights up when she sees us.
I don't think I could ask for much more. I just hope I can make it through the day without too many tears shed...
Love you,
Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment